First lunch mtg 9/10 W3031 12:15pm, plus announcements
Dear Public Health Christian Fellowship,
Paul writes (Eph 2:19-22), "So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone, in whom the whole structure, being joined together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord. In him you also are being built together into a dwelling place for God by the Spirit." Praying that tonight you remember your one firm foundation - Christ - who calls you out of darkness into marvelous light, who gives you community, and prepares in advance good work for you to do.
Tomorrow (Sept 10) at 12:15pm in Room W3031, please join us for our PHCF first-term meet-and-greet! Bring your own lunch; dessert will be provided. We will get to know each other and make plans for the year.
Other announcements/events you may be interested in:
- The International Fellowship meets Fridays 7pm in the PCTB Green House Cafe for dinner and Bible study
- The Fellowship of Christian Nurses would like to invite you to their Fall Get-together this Saturday Sept 14, 6pm, at Gleaning Pentecostals of Baltimore Church (1318 N Broadway Ave). They will have pizza, salad, and dessert. Please contact Katie if you are planning to attend so they have accurate headcount!
- Christmas Cantata tour by Gracias Choir - Mon Sept 16, 7pm, Eaglebank Arena, 4500 Patriot Ctr, Fairfax VA 22030. Free tickets available (email firstname.lastname@example.org). Le
arn more here.
- Freedom Church's Upper Room prayer conference, Fri Oct 4, 6-9pm
- One Hope's Grace Alone conference, Sat Oct 12, 9-4pm
- Q Commons Baltimore, Thurs Oct 24, 7-9pm: Malcolm Gladwell, Francis Chan, Rebekah Lyons, and local speakers and response time
- Medical Missions / global health conference, Nov 7-9, Louisville KY (free housing/reduced registration for students)
Leadership: if interested in leadership, please email email@example.com - this group relies on Jesus first and foremost for guidance and direction, but also needs you as student leaders as His hands and feet here in our school.
Scholarship opportunity: Harvey Foundation: Mustard Seed Fellows (open Aug 5, close Nov 1)
Our friends at Worldrelief are looking to fill a couple positions:
1) Country Director for Worldrelief Burundi. Strong candidates will have current or prior experience with WR, passion for our mission, French skills, and the ability to work with a variety of mixed donor portfolios – especially inclusive of UN and other public funding.
2) Fall International Programs intern. Ideally the intern needs to be based in Baltimore (for ease of supervision and if their school internship requirements require it), but can consider a remote intern (or volunteer) if their school is ok with a remote arrangement. More than one intern position possible, and can tailor the position to your skillsets.
3) from the Swiss Centre for International Health:Led by PATH, the Tools for Integrated Management of Childhood Illness (TIMCI) project is a global effort to accelerate availability, adoption and scale-up of tools to identify severe illness and decrease mortality in children under 5 years of age. Within TIMCI, Swiss TPH is in charge of a large multi-country impact and operational research study. India and Tanzania will be the two focus study countries, and Swiss TPH is therefore looking to hire a country coordinator for study activities in both countries. A full description and link to the applications can be found here: Country coordinator India and Country Coordinator Tanzania