Welcome, first lunch meeting 9/10, 12:15pm, Room W3031, and more!
Dear Public Health Christian Fellowship,
Happy first day of first term! Welcome to all those who are new to the SPH, and welcome back to everyone else - after a long holiday weekend (or summer break). We are glad that you are here!
Isaiah writes of the joy of the redeemed in Chapter 35: The desert and the parched land will be glad; the wilderness will rejoice and blossom. Like the crocus, it will burst into bloom; it will rejoice greatly and shout for joy.... They will see the glory of the Lord, the splendor of our God. Praying that as you go about your studies/work this week,, not leaning on your own strength, you see more of His glory and his great abiding love for you.
- We start up our regular weekly Tuesday lunch gatherings in SPH Wolfe Street Building Room W3031 (note room change!) next Tues, Sept 10. We will have a lunchtime meet-and-greet (bring your own lunch; dessert will be provided).
- International Fellowship Friday Evening Gatherings (starting this Friday, Sept 6) We'll explore God's message to us about how we can find meaning and purpose in Him through selected readings and guided small group discussion from the Old Testament book of Genesis. More information here
- Christmas Cantata tour by Gracias Choir - Mon Sept 16, 7pm, Eaglebank Arena, 4500 Patriot Ctr, Fairfax VA 22030. Free tickets available (email firstname.lastname@example.org). Learn more here.
- Upper Room - free Baltimore prayer conference at Freedom Church (5310 Hazelwood Ave, 21206). Oct 4, 6-9pm. Learn more here.
Leadership: if interested in leadership, please email email@example.com - this group relies on Jesus first and foremost for guidance and direction, but also needs you as student leaders as His hands and feet here in our school.
Scholarship opportunity: Harvey Foundation: Mustard Seed Fellows (open Aug 5, close Nov 1)
Our friends at Worldrelief are looking to fill a couple positions:
1) Country Director for Worldrelief Burundi. Strong candidates will have current or prior experience with WR, passion for our mission, French skills, and the ability to work with a variety of mixed donor portfolios – especially inclusive of UN and other public funding.
2) Fall International Programs intern. Ideally the intern needs to be based in Baltimore (for ease of supervision and if their school internship requirements require it), but can consider a remote intern (or volunteer) if their school is ok with a remote arrangement. More than one intern position possible, and can tailor the position to your skillsets.
3) from the Swiss Centre for International Health:
Led by PATH, the Tools for Integrated Management of Childhood Illness (TIMCI) project is a global effort to accelerate availability, adoption and scale-up of tools to identify severe illness and decrease mortality in children under 5 years of age. Within TIMCI, Swiss TPH is in charge of a large multi-country impact and operational research study. India and Tanzania will be the two focus study countries, and Swiss TPH is therefore looking to hire a country coordinator for study activities in both countries. A full description and link to the applications can be found here: Country coordinator India and Country Coordinator Tanzania
Grace and peace,
Ope and Teresa - for PHCF