Labor Day weekend cookout, Fall activities fair, and more!
Dear Public Health Christian Fellowship,
Happy break for our MPH students, happy orientation for incoming Masters and Doctoral students, and welcome back to continuing students!
Peter writes, "His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence" (2 Pt 1:3) - dear ones, do you believe this promise? Already God has granted all we need for life and godliness! Praying tonight that you grow in knowledge of how high and wide and deep his love is for you, and that this overflows in the love you show to those around you in your work and school and home life, as he calls you into his grace and glory. A song for meditation :)
We will NOT have our usual PHCF weekly gathering tomorrow since MPH students are on break / there are lots of orientation activities going on. However:
- PHCF will be at the fall activities fair on Tuesday, Sept 3rd, 11:30am-1pm. We need some volunteers to help with manning the table and talking to new students about PHCF! Lunch provided. Please email email@example.com if you are interested :)
- We will start up our regular weekly Tuesday lunch gatherings in SPH Wolfe Street Building Room W3031 (note room change!) on Sept 10.
- Labor Day Holiday Weekend BBQ/pool party (Sunday, Sept. 1, 3:30-8pm). Join for a cookout dinner along with outdoor games including, volleyball, and swimming. More information and registration/rides here
- International Fellowship Friday Evening Gatherings (weekly beginning Sept. 6) We'll explore God's message to us about how we can find meaning and purpose in Him through selected readings and guided small group discussion from the Old Testament book of Genesis. More information here
- Free Trip to National Mall in Washington DC for International Students (Sat, Aug 31) with Reformed University Fellowship International. Registration here
Leadership: if interested in leadership, please email firstname.lastname@example.org - this group relies on Jesus first and foremost for guidance and direction, but also needs you as student leaders as His hands and feet here in our school.
Job opportunities: Our friends at Worldrelief are looking to fill a couple positions:
1) Country Director for Worldrelief Burundi. Strong candidates will have current or prior experience with WR, passion for our mission, French skills, and the ability to work with a variety of mixed donor portfolios – especially inclusive of UN and other public funding.
2) Fall International Programs intern. Ideally the intern needs to be based in Baltimore (for ease of supervision and if their school internship requirements require it), but can consider a remote intern (or volunteer) if their school is ok with a remote arrangement. More than one intern position possible, and can tailor the position to your skillsets.
*Note: if you have moved on from Hopkins/Baltimore and are not interested in receiving emails from us anymore, please email email@example.com we'll take you off the listserv.
Grace and peace,
Ope and Teresa - for PHCF