Tues Bible Study 12:15pm W3031, applepicking, and more!
Do you feel overwhelmed or burdened or stuck or pulled in a thousand directions (whether in the plentiful studies/work set before you, in your spiritual walk, or in relationships with family/friends/neighbors/
peers/coworkers)? Our brother Paul the apostle wrote in 2 Cor 12 about a "thorn in the flesh" given to keep him from becoming conceited. Though he pleaded for relief, God answered, My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. In the midst of trial, will you respond like Paul and say with confidence: Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest on me? Will you be content, knowing and trusting in His abundant grace to you?
Tomorrow (Oct 1) at 12:15pm in Room W3031, please join us for fellowship. We'll do a Bible study on "Flourishing in Graduate School", looking at Jeremiah 29. Bring your own lunch!
Other event announcements:
- Apple-picking: join the Public Health Christian Fellowship and other friends for a fall harvest festival at Baugher's farm in Westminster on Sat Oct 5! More information and registration here.
- The International Fellowship meets Fridays 7pm in the PCTB Green House Cafe for dinner and Bible study
- Freedom Church's Upper Room prayer conference, Fri Oct 4, 6-9pm
- One Hope's Grace Alone conference, Sat Oct 12, 9-4pm
- Q Commons Baltimore, Thurs Oct 24, 7-9pm: Malcolm Gladwell, Francis Chan, Rebekah Lyons, and local speakers and response time
- Medical Missions / global health conference, Nov 7-9, Louisville KY (free housing/reduced registration for students)
Leadership: if interested in leadership, please email email@example.com - this group relies on Jesus first and foremost for guidance and direction, but also needs you as student leaders as His hands and feet here in our school.
- Harvey Foundation: Mustard Seed Fellows (open Aug 5, close Nov 1)
- P.E.O. Scholarships/Loans for female graduate (especially doctoral) students who have at least one year of coursework (not just dissertation work) left - more eligibility criteria and information here - please email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in getting nominated by the local P.E.O. chapter.
Our friends at Worldrelief are looking to fill a couple positions:
1) Country Director for Worldrelief Burundi. Strong candidates will have current or prior experience with WR, passion for our mission, French skills, and the ability to work with a variety of mixed donor portfolios – especially inclusive of UN and other public funding.
2) Fall International Programs intern. Ideally the intern needs to be based in Baltimore (for ease of supervision and if their school internship requirements require it), but can consider a remote intern (or volunteer) if their school is ok with a remote arrangement. More than one intern position possible, and can tailor the position to your skillsets.
Biostatisticians:For those of you looking into a biostats career... a PHCF alumnus (Sherlly Xie) wanted to share that the American Statistical Association (ASA:statisticians::APHA:
MPHers) has a interest group called International Christian Statisticians (ICS). ICS just began offering a mentorship program: sign up to be mentor or mentee; get paired up with a mentee/mentor. The coordinator of this mentorship program is Dr. Jason Wilson at Biola University.
Grace and peace,
Ope and Teresa - for PHCF